We at ELOW, the company «EL.OW SINGLE MEMBER PRIVATE COMPANY» with distinctive title «EL.OW SMPC», with registered offices in Athens Greece at 5 Sekeri Street P.O. Box 10674 (hereinafter “we” or “ELOW”) are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our website www.el-ow.com (“Website”) visitors and users and we are obligated to inform you in a transparent way of the processing of your data during your visit to our Website.
We reserve the right to amend and update this Notice whenever necessary. If there are any changes to this Notice, we will upload the new document on the Website so you are informed. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read this Privacy Notice and check our webpage periodically.
The protection of the personal data of the Website visitor is subject to the relevant provisions of the applicable European legislation (mainly EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679) and respective Greek law for the protection of the individuals from the processing of the personal data, as supplemented by decisions of the competent administrative authorities.
What personal data we process?
In the context of the services provided through our Website, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Basic information (such as name, surname);
- Contact details (such as address, phone number, email address, postal code);
- Username and password
- Information arising from the use of the Website through cookies (such as IP address, web content)
- Information relating to your orders through the Website (such as order history, product type)
- Information that may be provided by you regarding customer related services (such as a request for a return or repair)
How and why we process your personal data?
We will process the personal information that you provide us with through our Website, depending on the case, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you that are available through our Website i.e. to enable you to register as an account holder, manage your account, place an order and purchase a product from us, receive our customer support. In this case, we act because of our contractual relationship (or any pre contractual requirements) by which you will purchase a product and we will accommodate any related request you may have.
- To pursue our legitimate interests and thus mainly to operate, evaluate and improve our business, such as, developing new products and services, enhancing and improving our services, managing our communications, analyzing our products and customer base, performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions, as well as, verify your identity, protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities, comply with relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject (e.g. for tax or accounting reasons) and for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- So we can enlist you in our newsletter subscribers list. We will maintain your basic contact details (email address, social media profile) in order to send you information on our new products, events and actions either on the basis of your consent, should you click the respective option in the website or as a social media follower on our legitimate interest to send newsletters to our customers. In any event, we will do so until you send us an opt-out request.
- To improve your experience in our Website through collection of cookies and similar technologies in accordance with your selection of choices while entering our Website. At the same time, we will collect the cookies that are strictly necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests to operate and administer our Website as we describe in our cookies policy.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep the information that you provide through our Website only for the time necessary for us to achieve the above purposes in accordance with this Privacy Notice or for as long as we are required by law taking into account the applicable statute of limitation periods for the exercise and defense of our legal rights.
Such time may differ depending on the particular use e.g. we will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship or at least as long as you keep your account open with us, we will keep your email that you gave in order to receive newsletters for us until you submit an opt out request, and provided that we are not required to keep it for any other purpose (e.g. in order to administer your account in the Website).
Who has access to your data and how is this access secured?
Any information provided by you through the Website will not be disclosed, except as provided in this Privacy Notice.
This information will be kept by our authorized personnel and persons that are responsible for operating our Website and related online services and for promoting, supporting, and accommodating any related request from you.
We share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that fulfil orders, or provide web hosting, analytics, and marketing services, advisors. Please note that third-party service providers have their own privacy policies, and your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to competent law enforcement authorities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent an illegal act, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganisation, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
The safety of your information is of utmost importance to us. We try to be always up-to-date in respect of digital transformations and adopt technical and organizational measures that ensure, to the extent possible, the smooth operation of our Website and the protection of the integrity, confidentiality and availability of any information transmitted through this channel. Nonetheless, we encourage you to review the Website Terms and Conditions referring to the matters over which we do not have control and cannot guarantee, such as, the way you enter and use the Website.
What rights do you have?
You are entitled to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your data that we keep and receive a copy of your data
- The right to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data that we maintain related to you
- The right to request the erasure of your data that we are no longer entitled to keep
- The right to object to the processing of your data that is based on our legitimate interest
- The right to request the restriction of processing
- The right to data portability i.e. to request that we provide you or another controller with your personal data in a structured, easily readable format (e.g. USB)
- The right to revoke your previously given consent, where the processing is based on your consent
You may exercise your rights by addressing a written request at the email address email@example.com
If you exercise any such right, we will apply your preferences going forward and take all necessary measures to address the request within one month or up to 2 additional months if the perplexity of request or total number of requests received so requires. We will notify you in writing of the satisfaction of the request, or alternatively of the reasons that prevent us from satisfying such request.
Please keep in mind that exercise of the above rights is subject to certain requirements and limitations set by law e.g. we may not be able to address a request if we don’t receive identification details necessary to protect your data and confirm that it’s you who makes a request, or delete information that we may be obligated to keep in order to comply with an obligation or to pursue our legitimate interest. Where and to the extent provided by law, withdrawal of consent you previously provided to us or objection on legitimate grounds to the processing, will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Lastly, in case you disagree with the processing of your information by ELOW or our response to your request, you are entitled to file a request with the Greek Personal Data Protection Authority, which reviews written complaints in accordance with the instructions contained on its website (www.dpa.gr).